Monday, August 1, 2011

2001 A Space Odyssay

I have watched this movie before I watched it in a class.  When I watched it for the first time, I couldn't understand what happened in this movie at all.  Even now, the movie is still difficult for me; however, I try to interpret the movie.  Definitely, the monolith has a certain purpose.  First of all, the monolith gave human a technology which is enough for them to go to the moon.  After long time, finally people got to the moon and found the second monolith.  The purpose of second monolith is to lead people to the Jupiter.  After eight months, people got the technology enough to go there. And a person got to the Jupiter where is transcending time and space.  He traveled time; after that, I guess he was the only creature in the space.  He was chosen by monolith.  When he was about to die, he saw the last monolith and was reborn as a new human.  The will of monolith is the will of space, and the final purpose is to create new kind of life.  In addition, HAL is a symbol of the technology people achieved to get. I think the scene shows us the fact that technology would attack human if it were developed too much.

4 comments:

  1. Even though you have watched it many times, it is still difficult. No wonder why I have a hard time interpreting it~

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree too, I think the final purpose is to create a new mankind, in Jupiter: so this black monolith is certainly an alien species itself, which decide to bring mainkind his new step.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It seems that every one mentioned the monolith, and I agree with your interpretation. I think the movie is too difficult, and when it ended, I thought it was just a beginning.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Not bad, Chieu--but a bit short! Your post is a decent summary of the movie in some ways, but I was hoping for more personal reaction as I find the thoughts of you and the other students very interesting, indeed!

    ReplyDelete