Tuesday, May 17, 2011

how related reading and writing are

I really love reading. When I was a university student, I read a lot of books. Most of  books I read was about non-fiction, sciense, and history.  When I read books which are little bit difficult to understand, I always take a note in order to make it clearer.  If I do that, I can remember some unfamiliar words without hard work.  In particular, when I meat new notions that authors freaquently use, I have to completely figure out  the meanig of that. Otherwise I can't really understand what authors wanted to say.When I call reading "imput", writing is "output". Absolutely both are necessary for language.

I have read and written a lot of things in English since I came here.  Basically vocabulary I used in my writing is easier than one I learn from reading.  But I always try to use new words I learned in reading class.  In most cases, teachers modify my usage of the words. That's why I try.  I hope I'm gradually improving my vocabulary with repeating reading and writing.

3 comments:

  1. I am sometimes surprised with the way you use vocabulary, so don't worry about that. You are so great!

    I read a lot of Japanese novels 5 years ago. I looked crazy when I read the books. I'm a novel person, but you prefer non-fiction to fiction, right? Still, we can have a good conversation about books!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ooops
    the next class is coming I gotta finish the computer!! But very impressive that you like non fictions! I don't enjoy reading much but when I do, I usually read only novels!
    I should try to like readings like you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Chieu,

    I'm glad that you posted this (though it is somewhat late), and I'm also glad that you enjoy reading. I agree with you that there is a connection between good reading and good writing.

    A small reminder: remember the difference between "meat" and "meet". ;-)

    ReplyDelete