Wednesday, May 25, 2011

A Very Short Story written by Ernest Hemingway

To tell the truth, I didn't really find out what Hemingway wanted to say.  This kind of love affairs sometimes happen between men and women in any era.  I don't think Luz should be forgiven.  Because now I have long distanse relationship, I can guess how they have felt.  Needless to say, she shouldn't have done that, even if she felt lonely.  If I were him, I would also get sexsial desease due to the immeasurable shock.(just kidding!)  Long distanse relationship definitely requires trust; once the trust is broken, couples can never keep their relationship anymore although I can say same thing in any kind of relationship.  I hate all kind of betrayal and adultery, so I never do that.  Some people believe that men are more likely to have an affair than women, and it may be true.  But I know there are a lot of honest men in the world who never betray women!!

1 comment:

  1. Sometimes it can be hard to understand the theme of a story. When that happens, you can start by analyzing what the story shows you as a reader. In this case, the story examines a doomed war-time relationship, and its effects on the unnamed man who is the protagonist.

    I am glad that your posts shows you had a strong response to the story!

    Gentle reminder: please spell check before you publish. If you use Chrome or Firefox instead of Internet Explorer, there is a built-in spell checker that you can use quite easily. ;-)

    ReplyDelete