Tuesday, June 7, 2011

What I thought about the movie "Being there"

Although I could watch only a half of the whole story (I'm going to watch it), I'm going to write about what I thought about the movie.  First of all, I really like it.  It is basically funny. It made me laugh many times, but I was moved at the same time.  People who are impressed by Chance look comical, but it was moving that people's mind was getting cured with touching Chance's innocence.  I kinda felt this movie was similar to "Forrest Gump", which is one of my favarite movies.  And "Being there" had a lot of impressive scenes such as "a man walking on warter".  This scene left a misterious aftertaste.  I want to think over what the scene mean.

3 comments:

  1. Chieu, this is a very good short reaction to the movie, and I'm very glad that you enjoyed it. Yes, "Forrest Gump" has often been seen as drawing on "Being There".

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree. The movie reminded me of "Foreest Gump". There are so many beautiful movies to watch in the world. Do we have enough time to watch those movies? I'm not sure but at least I am happy that I could watch "Being there".

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree that the ending has some deep meaning, especially the water, I think.

    ReplyDelete