Thursday, July 7, 2011

Cheer for Argentina!!

Argentina's Lionel Messi will be one of the stars on show





  Today, I'm going to writing about soccer, especailly Argentina national team.  I'm really crazy about watching soccer games though I don't like playing it.  Soccer players always attract me, and I"m so excited when teams I cheer win.  I have many teams I love to cheer for, such as Barcelona FC in Spain, Manchester United in England and Inter Milan in Italy, but the team I love the most is Argentina national team.  In spite of the fact that I have nothing related to Argentina, I have been a big fun of Argentina. The first time I watched the game of Argentina is 13 years ago.  Then, I had watched 1998 World Cup, which was held in France, and I was so attracted to Argentina although they couldn't be a champion.  Their soccer was really fantastic, artistic, mervelous, and definitely outstanding compared to other thems.  Since then, I have loved Argentina national team.
  As a matter of fact, I would cheer for Argentina rather than Japan or Korea if they matched.  I think most people naturally cheer for their own countries.  However, I can't naturally think either Japan or Korea is my own country.  Of course, I have many favorite players in Japanese team and Korean team, and I love both.  But it is not based on my patriot.  When 2002 World Cup was held in Korea and Japan, everybody in Japan had cheered for Japan.  While most of my friends worn Japan Uniforms, and some of my Korean Japanese friends worn Korean Uniforms, I worn Argentina Uniform.  (However, then Argentina had to go home much more earlily than supporters expected...)
  Now, 2011 Copa America, which is the biggest soccer event in South America, is going on in Argentina.  Although Argentina has so many great players such as Messi, who is the best player in the world, and Argentina is a host country, they couldn't win at the last two games!! Both were draw games.  I was really disappointed. Actually I can't figre out what's going on.  That's why I came up with posting this topic.  Argentina still has a chance to go up to the tournament if they win at the next game; however, if they lost or drew again, I would be terribely shocked, even might get sick.  So please cheer and pray for Argentina to win!

2 comments:

  1. Watching soccer is a passion largely developed in Europe, where we have the chance to follow the world's best players. I mostly support the french team, as you say because of patriotism. I was a big fan of Zidane. In France, we have sweep memories of our victory in 98. Nevertheless, my support has been very questioned since 2006, with players who don't have really an irreproachable behoviors, and with disapointing results.
    Concerning the Argentina team, in my opinion, the problem is there are no Iniesta or Xavi in this team to give good opportunities to Messi, who is forced to look for the ball. In addition, the players are tired after a big season in Europe. Hope as weel it'll be better for the following match.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chieu, one of the reasons I really like your blog is that you always surprise me! I'm not a sports fan, but I read your post (and TP's comment) with interest, and I thought you developed this topic quite well!

    A few little corrections are in order. I can't help pointing out a case of pronoun non-agreement in number in the second sentence. Also, please remember to leave a line of space between paragraphs when writing on the internet. ;-)

    ReplyDelete